On Saturday, my family and friends in Northern Virginia threw me a baby shower (number 1 of 2)! I’m going to write a more detailed post about it later in the week, but wanted to share part of it today. After I opened a present, the person who gave it to me had to say one quality about me that they hope is passed along to our daughter. It was really sweet and meaningful, and it made me think a lot about my hopes/dreams for her. Here are a few of them:
- -I hope that she makes great, life-long friends. Good friends make all of the difference in the world and I’m lucky to have stayed close with many of the friends that I’ve known since middle school! I wish the same for her.
Anne, Stephie, and me.
Me and Colleen– BFFs since middle school!
- -That she’ll be confident.
- -That she’ll be happy with whatever she chooses to do in life. I’m not the type of person who has specific career goals for their children (like she has to be a doctor or something), but I hope she finds something that she’s good at and enjoys at the same time.
- -That she’s carefree when she’s young.
- -I hope she knows how much her family loves her! And if we have more kids, I hope that she’s close with her siblings.
This is a picture of me with my mom, who can’t wait to become a grandmother!